Since I haven’t posted in weeks, I am sure you assume I have fallen off of the edge of the earth. Nope. Just traveled around it and we are now heading back again!
At the beginning of July we flew to the States with the main goal of getting Little Man a new prosthetic leg made. (Totally need to blog about that process, but we will save that for another time.) He now is proudly cruising on new toes! Mission accomplished, but that isn’t the whole story. The side benefits of needing to come stateside for medical reasons – well they were numerous, to numerous to list, but I might give you a few of the highlights.
- Little Monkey got to see the Great Wall for the first time on our way out of the country. She had mentioned the grievance that the Chinese members of our family had not seen the Great Wall. A day hiking the wall was our remedy and it was all she had hoped for and then some.
2. Hang’n with the grandparents was a highlight for all of us. Being spoiled with favorite foods, riding four-wheelers, tagging along “helping” and chattering non-stop makes for some great summer memories!
3. The beach. Nothing else needs to be said. No photo needed since I was in a bathing suit! 😉
4. Connecting with friends. I can’t tell you how many times I was in tears this summer over the joy of friendship. You can’t beat good friends who support you, love you and pray over you. We are blessed. Here are two examples – great friends I was in Bible study with 10 years ago! The sweet fellowship continues.
5.Simpson Park Camp meeting was a time of peace and renewal for me. The few days we camped there were filled with such sweet times. Love that place. Every furlough should include some time soaking in the goodness of a campmeeting!
6. I met my new niece! The one weekend we were around and this sweet, obedient, little one arrived as if on cue! Okay, her mom might not say that, but her Aunt was thrilled by her delay! Thank you for coming into the world just in time for us to welcome you, precious!
7. Making it to the Hurley family reunion. It was so fun to see cousins that I hadn’t seen in years and years and then to watch as our children became friends. Priceless.
8. Worm guts, blue gill and gnats usually wouldn’t make any highlights list, but enjoying the great outdoors in the country – well I needed that! I am ready now to go back to our city life after soaking in some country.
Thinking I should make this a good top ten list, but then who can stop at ten? It has been a great summer, but we are now ready to return. Looking forward to a new season.